February 23, 2007

worlds shortest quote [Wittgenstein]

"Good!"
-- Wittgenstein's reply to his doctor informing him
about his terminal prostate cancer
Interesting fact about Wittgenstein -
-as a classmate in Linz school was none other than
Adolf Hitler (both born in 1889), its hard to imagine
two such diverse people than Ludwig Wittgenstein
and Hitler
-Three of his siblings committed suicide
-Scientists, schollars and professors still tries to decipher
his book "Tractatus Logico-Philosophus"


Other quotes by him -

"The limits of my language means the limits of my world. "

"
If we spoke a different language,
we would perceive a somewhat different world.
"

"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death.
If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal
duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs
to those who live in the present."

"
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind.
All I know is what I have words for.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home