February 07, 2006

Memento omnia mihi et in omnes licere

I just seen the last episode of the
ROME series, I must say its one of the
very best drama shows Ive seen,
its almost as good as the best drama show ever
aka I Claudius , Im impressed with the
manuscripts, the acting, costumes, everything
about this show is very very well done,
im no history professor (altho i nearly became one,
hadnt it been for my insurmountable hinders)
but as far as I know, every detail is correct,
well theres one tiny thing I noticed in the last
episode, the murderers of Caesar did not stand around
contemplating their deed as in the show, but I guess
its "good tv", anyhow its just a tiny tiny objection I
have on this immensly great show, its so great
I am actually gonna go and BUY it on DVD once its
released ! :-) For those of you that KNOWS me
that statement says a lot hehehe
* * * *

"Kai sy, teknon?"

* * * *

In other relevant areas, I think I
finally come to a conclusion about
whom my fave female vocalist is,
Alison Moyet, most famous for Yazoo
(at least I think so)
* * * * * * * * *

" We believe in having fun and smiling all the time
And sometimes we're on TV if we're over 69"


Saw Jon Stewart on some C-Span broadcast
from around the US presidential election,
he called president Bush a retard,
as Ive always said, Jon Stewart (and his
Daily show) rules

Currently playing -
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire, easily the best U2,
theres some occasional singles after this album
was released (1984-09-01 if memory serves me right)
that are OK, but albumwise nada comes close to this album,
produced by Brian Eno (ex Roxy Music), the most famous
song from it is prob "Pride", but my fave is the title track

* * * * * * * * * *

5 Comments:

At 4:51 pm, Blogger Niclas said...

Alison Moyet and Vince Clarke was a really cool duo and they made a lot of classic songs. The album "Upstairs at Eric's" from -82 was actually one of my first records and everytime I listen to it, even today, I've got that nostalgia feeling and realize how great they were!
Great choice of a female vocalist:-)

 
At 11:02 pm, Blogger Lundin said...

Well, this one is for purchase at dvd.se

http://dvd.se/asp/base.asp?Page=Box&UID={EBAFCC5D-39E7-4D4A-9B6A-B26E32A86CE0}&artikelnr=5509399

 
At 11:05 pm, Blogger Lundin said...

oops, the whole link did'nt show up in the post. well it cost 759 kr.

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger Lundin said...

Haha, and yes, I mean I Claudius

 
At 12:04 am, Blogger Timelord said...

hehehe yup, Alison has that "classic" bluesfeel over her voice, and I think it matches well with Vince's music, "funny" enough, once Yazoo split, and Erasure formed, the good feel of Vince's music was totally gone, one reason is cuss he used those tarded Casio CZ synths which sounds awful imho,not to mention the Yamaha RX drummachines, totally hate them and their lack of lustre sounds (altho im biased cuss my band had one too hmmm)

So Claudius is available for dvd for 759 kr hmmmmmmmmmmm, would be nice to have such a classic great show on dvd :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home